Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hanging out in Titusville

We've been staying in a slip that is really close to town so we've made lots of trips to eat at various places and do a little shopping.
There is also a playground right here so we spend a bit of time there as well. The mosquitoes have been a problem, though. No matter the time of day, we tend to get 20 to 30 mosquito "bites" every time we head out so we always have the repellant handy.
Today, Reece and I went to the playground for a little fun. What we found was a very friendly squirrel. He came right up to us so I assumed he was used to being fed. Reece pulled up a piece of grass and handed it out to the little guy. He sniffed at it and then turned around and left.
I decided to dig through my purse to see what I could find that might interest a squirrel and came up with some cookie crumbs. I gave one of the larger crumbs to Reece and we called the little guy back. He took the piece of cookie right out of Reece's hand and seemed to really enjoy it. Once finished he looked back at Reece for more. I found more in that purse handed it to Reece and he handed it to the squirrel. We did this a few more times until I found a much bigger piece. Once Reece gave him the big piece he took it up a tree, hung upside down from his back feet and ate that cookie.
Reece and I really enjoyed this encounter with our Titusville squirrel.

1 comment:

Dean said...

Look at you go, you blogger you!!!! I miss you!